Lesson 4: Wall Maze Challenge
In previous Lessons within this Unit, you have learned how to use the Bumper Sensor to navigate to certain areas in the Wall Maze Playground. Now, you will combine all of these concepts to create a project to solve the Wall Maze challenge from start to finish!
- Apply commands from the Drivetrain, Sensing, and Control categories in the correct sequence in order to have a VR Robot successfully navigate the Wall Maze Playground using the Bumper Sensor.
Putting it all together
The while loop with a not condition is a loop that pauses project flow until the given condition returns True. Using conditions and sensor values in a project instructs a VR Robot to perform different behaviors depending on the conditional values that are reported.
Using conditions and sensor values allows the VR Robot to respond accordingly to its environment, such as stopping or turning when the VR Robot presses against a wall.
Wall Maze Challenge
In this challenge, create a project where the VR Robot navigates the Wall Maze Playground from start to finish using the Bumper Sensor.
Follow these steps to complete the challenge:
- Watch the solution video to see how the VR Robot should drive in order to complete the challenge.
- Create a new project or load a project from previous Lessons in this Unit.
- Rename the project Unit4Challenge
- Launch the Playground window.
- Load the Wall Maze Playground.
- Add the commands necessary to navigate the VR Robot from the start to the finish of the Wall Maze.
- Start the project to test if it works.
- If the project is not successful, edit and try again. Continue to revise and run the project until the VR Robot successfully drives from start to finish.
- Save the project once the VR Robot successfully drives to the finish.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the Wall Maze Challenge!
Please select the link below to access the lesson quiz.