In this Lesson, you will learn how to use the GPS Sensor to drive and score the Neutral Mobile Goal in the Alliance Home Zone. Then, you will apply these skills to complete a mini-challenge where you use the GPS Sensor to drive and score two Mobile Goals in the blue Alliance Home Zone.
At the end of this Lesson, I will be able to...
- Score at least 40 points.
- Launch VEXcode V5.
- Open a new blocks project in web-based VEXcode V5.
- Break a task down into smaller parts.
- Select Moby's starting configuration.
- Use the [Drive] block to drive the robot forward or reverse.
- Use the (Position of Robot) block to report the X or Y coordinate of Moby in either millimeters or inches.
- Use the [Wait until] block with Operator blocks and (Position of Robot) to repeatedly check the GPS Sensor condition.
- Use the [Wait until] block to control the project flow and not move to the next block in the project until the condition within the block reports TRUE.
- Use the [Turn for] block to turn the robot left or right.
- Use the [Spin for] block to raise and lower the Forks on Moby.
- Use a coordinate grid to determine an X, Y location on the VRC Field.
- Use the GPS Sensor to drive to an X, Y coordinate on the VRC Field.
- Use the Mobile Goal radius to calculate the position Moby will need to drive to collect and score a Mobile Goal.
- Identify that the turning offset is the distance between the GPS sensor and the turning point of Moby, and that it is part of Moby's preset configuration.
Select Next > to create your VEXcode V5 project.