- A mechanical device to make a task easier.
- To make something better suited for its purpose.
- Connects two or more pieces so that they lay flush with one another.
- Connects two pieces and leaves a space in between.
- Square rod used to allow other pieces in a build to spin or rotate.
- The flat parts of the VEX GO Kit with either a one-hole width or two-hole width.
- Angle Beams
- Beams that create angles of 45 or 90 degrees.
Encouraging Vocabulary Usage
The following are additional ways to facilitate vocabulary usage as students are engaged in the activities throughout this Unit.
Students should be encouraged to use the vocabulary terms:
- Throughout all of the activities
- As they are working in groups
- As they are reflecting
- As they are sharing their knowledge and experience
Tips for Encouraging Vocabulary Usage
- Make a Picture Dictionary
Ask students to each make their own picture dictionary. They should write each vocabulary word, its definition, and draw a picture that will help remind them of the word and its definition. This is great to do with VEX GO Kit pieces to help students learn to correctly use the names of pieces.
- Example: Mechanism
- Definition: A mechanical device to make a task easier.
- Picture: A pencil sharpener.