Wrap Up Reflection
Now that you have competed in the Treasure Hunt competition, it is time to reflect on everything you have learned by completing a self-reflection. Start a new page in your engineering notebook to begin your reflection.
Rate yourself as a novice, apprentice, or expert on each of the following concepts in your engineering notebook. Provide a brief explanation for why you gave yourself that rating for each concept:
- How going through the engineering design process affects your overall game strategy
- Communicating effectively with your team to improve your performance in the competition
- How iteration improves your performance in the competition
Use this table to help you determine which category you fall under.
|I feel that I fully understood the concept and could teach this to someone else.|
|Apprentice||I feel that I understood the concept enough to compete in the competition.|
|Novice||I feel that I did not understand the concept and do not know how to complete the competition.|
What is Next?
Throughout this Unit, you designed a robot and used VEXcode EXP to create a project to compete in Treasure Hunt, as you learned about:
- Driving the Clawbot using Drivetrain blocks
- Building and coding a claw to open and close to collect and move Buckyballs
- Adding the Optical Sensor to your robot and coding your robot to identify red Buckyballs from blue ones
In this next Lesson, you will learn about how all of these concepts and skills are used in different careers!
Select < Return to Lessons to go back to the Lesson Overview.
Select Next Lesson > to continue to the next Lesson and learn how the concepts you have learned in this Lesson have connections to various career paths.