Teacher Toolbox - Facilitating the Build
In this Seek section, groups will add the V5 Optical Sensor to their Workcell build.
What the Teacher Will Do:
- Tell students get into their groups with their assigned Workcells.
- Instruct groups to follow the Build Instructions linked on this page.
- As groups are building, circle the room and assist as needed.
Go to the V5 Workcell Educator Certification for additional suggestions on facilitating the build.
Select the button below for VEX V5 Workcell Lab 8 Build Instructions to add the Optical Sensor to the Workcell.
- Use the open ended wrench to hold the nylock nut in place while screwing in the star drive screw.
- To ensure the Optical Sensor is correctly aligned with the holes on the base plate, do not fully tighten each of the nylock nuts until both star drive screws are in place.
For more tips and guidance while building, go to the V5 Workcell Educator Certification.