Wrap Up Reflection
Now that you have completed in the Up and Over competition, it is time to reflect on everything you have learned by completing a self-reflection. Start a new page in your engineering notebook to begin your reflection.
Rate yourself as a novice, apprentice, or expert on each of the following concepts in your engineering notebook. Provide a brief explanation for why you gave yourself that rating for each concept:
- Using the engineering design process to develop a game strategy
- Communicating effectively with your team to improve your performance in the competition
- Documenting the iterative process in your engineering notebook
Use this table to help you determine which category you fall under.
|I feel that I fully understood the concept and could teach this to someone else.
|I feel that I understood the concept enough to compete in the competition.
|I feel that I did not understand the concept and do not know how to complete the competition.
What is Next?
Throughout this Unit, you designed a robot and practiced your driver skills to compete in Up and Over, as you learned about:
- Designing and building an effective claw to open and close to effectively move cubes
- Designing and building an effective arm to raise and lower cubes to move them over the barrier
- How to use motor groups in a project to make your robot more effective in the competition
In this next Lesson, you will learn about how all of these concepts and skills are used in different careers!
Select < Return to Lessons to go back to the Lesson Overview.
Select Next Lesson > to continue to the next Lesson and learn how the concepts you have learned in this Lesson have connections to various career paths.