Lesson 3: Draw a House Challenge
In previous lessons within this Unit, you have learned how to draw on the Art Canvas Playground using the Pen tool as well as how to use [Repeat] blocks. Now, you will combine all of these commands to create a project where the VR Robot draws a house on the Art Canvas Playground!
- Apply blocks from the Drivetrain, Looks, and Control categories in the correct sequence in order to have the VR Robot draw a house on the Art Canvas Playground.
Putting It All Together
Repeat loops allow the user to repeat the blocks within it a set number of times. The [Repeat] block saves time and effort while creating projects where blocks repeat. Rather than taking the time to drag in additional blocks or duplicate existing blocks in the workspace, the [Repeat] block can be used to save space and time.
Using the Pen tool with [Repeat] blocks allows for a simple visual of those repeating movements.
Draw a House Challenge
In this challenge, create a project where the VR Robot draws a house on the Art Canvas Playground using [move robot pen] and [Set Pen color] blocks as well as a [Repeat] block. Use a square for the house and triangle for the roof.
Follow these steps to complete the challenge:
- Watch the solution video to see how the VR Robot should move in order to complete the challenge.
- Create a new project or load a project from previous Lessons in this Unit.
- Rename the project Unit3Challenge.
- Launch the Playground window.
- Load the Art Canvas Playground.
- Add the blocks necessary to draw a square with a triangle on top on the Art Canvas Playground.
- Start the project to test if it works.
- If the project is not successful, edit and try again. Continue this process until the challenge is complete.
- Once the VR Robot successfully draws a house with a roof (a square with a triangle on top) on the Art Canvas Playground, save the project.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the Draw a House Challenge!