Show Your Learning
Go around the room and have students share what bugs they found in their code how they fixed it. Encourage students to think about other students’ processes and allow time for students to ask each other questions.
- Audio or video record students explaining their debugging process, and make these accessible in future Labs, so students can revisit the procedure for themselves.
Student-Driven Visible Thinking
- Have students create a poster of the debugging process and hang them up in the classroom for students to reference in future Labs.
- What are some things that let us know there is a problem in our code?
- What is something we can do to identify the problem?
- How did we work together to fix the problem?